Concert Day Information
On the Way to Your Concert
- The closest parking ramps to the Overture Center are the Overture Center Garage, State Street Capitol Garage, and Dane County Parking Ramp. A limited number of on-street meters are also available on the streets downtown, and are free after 6:00 p.m. Monday–Saturday and all day Sunday.
- We offer discounted parking exclusively to subscribers for $4.25 per concert (minimum 5 concerts) at the Dane County Parking Ramp on the corner of Fairchild and Main Street. To order parking call the MSO office at (608) 257-3734 in advance of the first concert. Please note that this ramp does not have an elevator.
- If you have accessibility needs, Overture Center is fully equipped to assist persons with physical disabilities. Please request a wheelchair or transfer seating when purchasing your tickets. Audio amplification headsets are available from the ushers at all concerts. If you need a Braille concert program, call the MSO office two weeks prior to the concert you’re attending. Additionally, accessible parking is available at the Overture Center Garage and the State Street Capitol Garage.
Before Your Concert
- Attend a Prelude Discussion in Overture Hall an hour before each concert (except the Madison Symphony Christmas and Beyond the Score® concerts) to hear a music expert discuss the music you’re about to experience live.
- Learn more about the composers, their lives, and their work when you read program notes online or at the concerts in our program books.
- You can also sign up to receive program notes via email on the Tuesday before each concert.
Attending Your Concert
- Please arrive early to ensure plenty of time to park, get through security and find your seats. If you arrive late, you will be seated during an appropriate break in the music at the discretion of the house staff.
- Please turn off all mobile and electronic devices before or when you reach your seats in the hall.
- Please do not wear perfumes, colognes or scented lotions as many people are allergic to these products.
- Children aged six and over with tickets are welcome at all MSO concerts. Children of all ages are welcome at the Madison Symphony Christmas concerts at the discretion of the house staff.
- Coat check is available for $1 per coat when the weather dictates. The room closes 20 minutes after each performance.
- Food and beverage services are available at the lobby bars before the concert and during intermission; however, food and drinks are not permitted inside the concert hall. Please bring your own cough drops and candies and unwrap them before the concert begins.
- To contact a patron in an emergency, call (608) 258-4179 with the patron’s name and seat number. Please leave this information with anyone who might need to contact you. If you need to be reached during a performance, leave your cell phone with an usher or house manager with your seat number.