Answers to your frequently asked questions about our 20/21 Ode to Joy: Beethoven & Beyond Symphony Season
Information about subscriptions, renewals, seating, and plans for responding to Overture Center and health guidelines for our upcoming season, is found here.
We are tracking developments and guidance from healthcare and government officials, and the concert and event schedule is subject to change.
- Overture Center for the Arts: At this time, all Overture events are suspended through November 30, 2020.
- Madison Symphony Orchestra’s 20/21 Beethoven & Beyond season: MSO 20/21 season concerts are now canceled from September 2020 through January 2021, due to Overture Center’s decision, and the requirements of Dane County’s “Forward Dane” Reopening Plan. 20/21 season performances in February, March, April and May 2021 are scheduled to take place as planned. Read the June 25, 2020 press release that covers this announcement. Note that all subscribers will be sent a refund for the value of their tickets for the September 2020 through January 2021 concerts.
- 20/21 season renewals and new subscriptions: Thank you to everyone who has subscribed! We will continue to accept renewal reservations, and new subscriptions for the second half of the 20/21 season (watch for an announcement about this opportunity and packages). Note that we have reached out to all 19-20 season subscribers who have not yet renewed, to give them the opportunity to renew before we release their seats.
- Cancellation or postponement of 20/21 season programs will continue to be in response to public health and Overture Center guidelines, on a concert by concert basis for the second half of the season, February through May 2021. If any of these concerts do not take place, ticketholders will have the option to donate, exchange or request a refund for their tickets.
- Renewing subscribers. Rest assured that your seating priority will be maintained for the second half of the season: February through May 2021. Watch for an announcement about options for the remainder of the 20/21 season. And, we will make every effort to “hold” all subscriber seating until the NEXT 2021–2022 Symphony Season as well (without obligation to pay at this time).
- New subscribers. We will begin new subscriber seating for the second half of the season (February through May 2021) this fall.
It is very hard to tell at this point how mass gatherings like our concerts will be impacted by this global challenge we are all facing. We’re hoping for the best, and will respond as needed based upon what we all learn in the coming weeks and months.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.
email@example.com, or (608) 257-3734.